Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Old Russian Coffee

You're a cheater


I made Pasta tonight, with a spicy red sauce, it was delicious. The best part, however, was that I finally used the last of the pepperoni that Nuala, Alex, and I bought for our June 2007 trip to Disney World. Maybe some of you aren't surprised, but I for one was impressed to see how long a shelf life Bridgford pepperoni has. Then again I suppose just about anything can be eaten if you fricassee it for as long as I did.

As a tip of the hat to certain people's good taste, I must admit that I can't get this Soviet-American singer/songwriter out of my head. I'm mildly obsessed and if anyone happens to know her and can introduce me/set up a marriage, I can spare you some of my organs as payment.

Also, I will finally be able to get some work done now that I've discovered a way to stay up past 8:30pm unlike my 70 year old brother. The answer obviously lies in coffee, but the challenge with coffee is to avoid being so put off by the taste or the labor that you get grumpy and "take a break", which always lasts until you go to bed. The key is a combination of instant coffee and my special recipe:


Yum Yum Zing Recipe*:
1 part milk
some part water
small part chili powder
bigger part cinnamon
major part sugar
equally if not more important part chocolate syrup
and an inappropriately large part instant coffee

Directions: Combine and make hot. Or vice versa. Figure it out.

*subject to tweaking, overhaul, and complete re-creation. I am not a doctor, nor do i claim to be one. If you die, don't send lawyers.


A tip on use of this recipe: If you used the right amount of instant coffee, you have ~5 minutes to secure yourself to your desk (belt, tape, staples). Failure to do so may leave you exercising, cleaning, or dancing to Stronger for several hours. Each of these are good things but not actually what you need to accomplish, thereby defeating the purpose.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

dude, like coffee gets me allll crazy like, maybe not dancing to stronger, but i poop stronger and get like stupidly hyper stronger

Kyra said...

I love this post. First of all, the fidelity video i had not seen, and i loved it. Secondly, you made me laugh/ miss you. Thirdly, I need to do lots of work. So I am at my desk (stuck, actually, since it is a small desk that is not actually mine) listening to stronger, and with any luck work is happening soon.

sarah said...

stefan, I love your writing! you're hilarious! honestly, I was cracking up. also, I wish you were here so you could make me coffee.

zanner said...

Stefan, your blog is full of a lot of links! Also, coffee is definitely good for staying up! Also mountain dew, ever tried it? are you working on that website?? I'm so not up to speed on your life. Post again!