Thursday, April 17, 2008

Everybody Loves Parfait

Everybody loves parfait. Thats what Donkey taught us in response to Shrek's onion metaphor (I couldn't find the clip I wanted for this, but I did find the Duloc song in French). They really are one of the best ways to start your day, full of light, rich, crisp, chewy, crunchy goodness. And its kind of awesome how a good, hearty breakfast can set you on the right footing for the day. I didn't get much sleep last night, but then I made myself a parfait for breakfast, and now I'm feeling perky and energetic without even needing coffee. Then, to top it off, not only do parfaits taste delicious, they even look delicious.

So do yourself a favor, on your way home, get the following ingredients:
yogurt
granola (I prefer Quaker(r) Oats 100% all-natural granola with raisins)
fruit or berries (apple, pear, orange, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, banana.... pick 2)

And then make yourself a parfait. Better if you can haul your lazy stomach out of bed early enough to make it before work, but you can enjoy this as a dessert too.

2 comments:

sarah said...

maybe I suggest a humble addition?
HONEYYYYYYYYYY
mmm sooo good.

Unknown said...

Hi I was looking for a unique snack that my friend could bring at her party then I found your parfait! It looks delicious! Great job!